It’s hard to believe we’re only 5 days into the program! In a little less than a week, our GSA community has already grown into an amazing group of artists who listen to, support, and inspire each other.
On day three the students had the opportunity to see the faculty members in GSA’s annual faculty showcase called “Personal Geography.” They gave incredible performances and shared stories of their own artistic careers. Today the students had the opportunity to see the staff members in Personal Geography! The RAs, DAs and interns gave incredible performances of song, dance, spoken word, and music. It might be biased for us to say this, but we have the most talented faculty and staff combination we could ever ask for!
Other highlights of the day included:
• A fieldtrip to Cincinnati for the Architecture students.
• A fieldtrip to Louisville for the Drama students.
• A masterclass with Fabiana Fadlala for the Dance students.
• A script-writing tutorial with James Niesen for the New Media students.
• A workshop with Maurice Manning for the Creative Writing students.
• An improvisation workshop with Harry Pickens for the Dance students.
Just as a reminder, this will be our last post of the week. We do not post updates through the weekend, but for the large number of you that have been closely following our daily updates (which we have been thrilled to realize this week), don’t worry! We will have a full weekend update for you once Monday rolls around!
Be sure to check out the video and pictures below! The pictures are taken by our documentarian, Kevin Flores, and can be yours to keep by visiting our Smugmug page and purchasing them!
Parents! Don’t forget to keep selling those raffle tickets! For more information on the raffle, the fantastic prizes, and how to get ahold of more tickets once you have run out, visit our raffle post.