Wow, what a day! There were so many great happenings on Transylvania University’s campus today at GSA.
Here are a few of them:
- Dance faculty Theresa Bautista and Rodney Brown began the morning with a presentation on the ways dance can be used in new media, specifically in film.
- The internationally acclaimed dance company, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, was on campus today for a dance masterclass and repertory class. They also stayed to give an incredible evening performance.
- SMORGS! The students experienced their first “Smorgasbord” today. Smorgs are a GSA tradition of trying out new art forms outside of the one you already know. Students were assigned to one of the many faculty-led “Smorgs” such as, I Heard the News Today: The Poems Hiding in Your Daily Paper, Ballet 101 and Claymation.
- Artist-in-Residence Harry Pickens gave a masterclass on good practice techniques to the instrumental music students.
- Coffeehouse! The first Coffeehouse was today after the evening performance. Another GSA tradition, Coffeehouses are casual evening performances where students can share their talents. Students shared everything from stand-up comedy to a tuba solo!
Parents – make sure to check out our new post about the GSA Raffle! We need your help to be able to continue to offer this incredible opportunity to students for years to come!
These pictures seem to just be getting better and better every day, and they can be yours to keep! Once you’ve checked out the video covering the intense, action-packed day we had here at GSA, make sure to visit our SmugMug page to check out and purchase some of Kevin Flores’ incredible photographs!
*We are very sorry about the strobe-like flashing throughout the video. We’re working on finding a way to fix the problem, but in the meantime, we have realized that the version of this video on YouTube plays smoothly without any issues, so you can watch it there by either clicking the link that appears in the top left corner of the window when you put your mouse over the video or by going to YouTube and searching “GSA Day 4 2012.”