Parents – don’t forget to sell your raffle tickets! For the past seven years, GSA has conducted a raffle to help support the cost of each student in attendance. On opening day, all parents should have received a packet with an enclosed letter explaining the purpose of the raffle as well as 10 raffle tickets. (If you did not receive a packet or left it with your student, you can find all the information enclosed in this post). We ask that you try to sell at least those 10 tickets for $10/ticket, all of which will go directly to GSA to support our $2,800 per student cost so that we can continue to bring students into the program free of charge.
The raffle drawing will take place just prior to the closing ceremonies on Saturday, July 7th. Please bring your sold tickets and a check (made out to “Governor’s School for the Arts”) to move-out on closing day in the back lobby of Forrer Hall, where a designated staff member will accept completed ticket stubs for the raffle drawing.
While your student is here at GSA, please talk to all your family and friends about purchasing tickets to support our program, and remember that you, as parents, are also eligible to buy the tickets and win prizes! If you run out of tickets to sell, we have plenty of extra tickets here in our office that we are more than happy to mail you at any time! If you are interested in buying more tickets, just call our office at 859-281-3509, and we’ll get them to you as soon as we can. Below, we have listed the incredible prizes featured in this year’s drawing!
Two Grand Prizes!!
Week in the Sunshine State:
- Condo in Rosemary Beach, FL- 2 bedroom/2 bath, four pools, walk to beach.
- Rents for $1,500.00 / week. (Sept 1, 2012 – March 1, 2013 mutually agreeable dates; excludes fall and spring break; winner responsible for $150 cleaning fee)
- The Kentucky Center Viewing Room (accommodates 10) for May 18, 2013 2:00 p.m. showing of West Side Story
- Dinner for two at Proof and overnight accommodations for two at the 21C Hotel in Louisville, KY.
Other Fantastic Prizes!!
Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs
- 10 entrance tickets and use of Toyota’s corporate suite for Sunday, Aug. 5th
- Two parking passes in Ball Park Garage
- Food and Beverages
The Art Lover
- Kentucky Artisan Center: Pottery of Keiko Akiyama
- 2 tickets for The Band Perry at The Kentucky State Fair on Sunday, August 26
- $ 50.00 Wal Mart Gift Card
The Music Fanatic
- 2 concert tickets to Rascal Flatts at The Kentucky State Fair on Saturday, August 18
- $ 50.00 iTunes Gift Card
- Willie Nelson CD autographed by the artist
The Rock Star
- 2 tickets for Journey with Pat Benatar & Loverboy at the Kentucky State Fair on Friday, August 17
- $ 30.00 in iTunes and App Store Gift Cards
- $ 50.00 Wal-Mart gift card
- A Kentucky State park gift basket which includes one night’s lodging at any Kentucky State Resort Park lodge room and breakfast for two
- Outdoor accessories including a fleece stadium blanket
- Kentucky Horse Park Gift Package which includes admission for a family of four
- 2 Tickets to the Hank Williams, Jr. concert at The Kentucky State Fair on Thursday, August 16
- Movie Poster from “Dreamer,” filmed in Kentucky.
Thank you in advance for your support of GSA and this fundraising and advocacy opportunity! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us at 859-281-3509.