Auditions/Reviews for GSA’s 2013 summer program will take place at different locations across the state in early spring 2013. Dates for auditions can be found here.
Please read all of the following information closely, and be sure to review guidelines for your specific discipline(s) in the Art Forms section of this website.
What to Expect
- Plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes before your audition/review time. If you need additional time to warm up, please plan accordingly (Architecture applicants: arrive at least an hour before your scheduled time).
- All applicants are required to bring a headshot of themselves to the audition/review. If applying in two disciplines, please bring two photos. Photographs do not need to be professional; a school photo is appropriate.
- You will be asked to fill out a short discipline-specific questionnaire which you will receive at the registration desk at your audition/review. You will then submit your questionnaire to the judges at the start of your audition/review. This one-page questionnaire is designed to give the judges an overview of your previous involvement in the arts, along with the level of your interest and commitment.
- No spectators will be allowed in the audition/review areas. This includes parents and teachers.
- Applicants will be notified of their audition/review results by mail in mid-April (postmarked from the GSA offices on Friday, April 12, 2013). See the Notification Process page for more.
- Remember that adjudicators are excited to meet you and see your artistry at work. We want the audition/review process to be a fun and educational experience for you - be yourself!
Audition/Review Change Policy
Please check your personal, school and extracurricular activities calendars before choosing an audition/review date on your application. Audition/Review site changes will be made only in the case of an emergency. GSA will not reschedule for personal or social events. The audition site does not in any way affect the results of the chosen participants. While we hope you never have to do so, please notify GSA if you decide to cancel your audition at 502.562.0192.
Illness & Emergencies
If illness or emergency prevents attendance at the scheduled site, GSA will reschedule for one of the remaining sites, if notified on or before the Tuesday following the missed audition. For those students scheduled for the last audition site, no make-up will be possible.
In the event of bad weather, GSA makes every effort to hold auditions. Applicants may call the GSA Helpline at 502.562.0192 for the status of their audition site. For students in the affected locales, auditions and reviews will be rescheduled.